LINGO GAME #1
Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
Drawing #1 immediately follows.
Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
Drawing #2 immediately follows.
• What: Play and enter for 4 chances to win!
• Where: Booth 1000 (ACTFL 2019)
• When: Promptly at 11:00 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. during Saturday Exhibit Breaks
• Why: For a chance to win BIG prizes. Your choice:
an E-course subscription for one Fluency Matters title for up to 150 students (value $525)
a class set (25 copies) of a single title of any Comprehension-based™ reader published by Fluency Matters!
1. Retrieve a LINGO card by visiting Booth 1000 or attending “Engage, Inspire, Acquire” or “Taking the Plunge into Acquisition Driven Instruction” exhibitor sessions.
2. Fill in your LINGO card with 24 Fluency Matters titles. (Visit Booth #1000 or scan code on front of Lingo card to see a list of titles.) Include your name and email on the back of your LINGO card.
3. Bring your completed LINGO card to Booth 1000 at one of the two game times to play!
4. Listen as a Fluency Matters Team member calls out a title. If you have the title on your card, put an X over it (be careful not to block the name of the reader). If you get five in a row, yell “Lingo!” Whoever yells first will have their card checked by a Fluency Matters team member. If it is accurate, they will be announced as the winner!
5. After the game, LINGO participants will turn in their cards to enter the LINGO Drawing for a second chance to win. One name will be randomly drawn, and the winner immediately announced.
**Must participate in the game and be present to win either giveaway.**
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary. One entry per person. Entrant must be (18) years or older at the time of entry to be eligible.
2. Terms & Conditions: Participants may enter a total of one time per game and drawing (total of four opportunities). However, there is a limit of one prize per person. Name and email must be written legibly. Must participate in the game with a completed Lingo card to qualify to win and to enter the drawing. Must be present to win the game and/or the drawing. Fluency Matters reserves the right to make the final decision with regard to who is the first to declare “Lingo” and if the game ends in a tie.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Except as otherwise prohibited herein or by applicable law, this Drawing is open to any person who is eighteen (18) years of age or older and who is an official registrant at ACTFL 2019 in Washington, DC. All persons must have filled out a LINGO Card completely before beginning to participate in the game and turned it into agents of Fluency Matters in Booth #1000 immediately following the game to be eligible for the drawing.
4. PRIZES: Your choice: An E-course subscription for one Fluency Matters title for up to 150 students (value $525) OR a class set (25 copies) of a single title of any Comprehension-based™ reader published by Fluency Matters. One prize awarded to the first player to get a ‘Lingo’ and one prize awarded to the winner of the post-game drawing. Four chances to win.
Winner of E-course subscription for one Fluency Matters title for up to 150 students must immediately claim prize in Booth #1000 while at ACTFL. Winner must select E-course title by January 10, 2020 and must enroll students and start course by February 1, 2020 or the prize will be forfeited. No exceptions.
Winners of the class set (25 copies) of a single title of any Comprehension-based™ reader published by Fluency Matters must immediately claim prize in Booth #1000 while at ACTFL. Winner must select their Comprehension-based™ reader published by Fluency Matters prize by December 31, 2019. If title is not selected by December 31, 2019, winner forfeits prize. No exceptions.
Prizes are not transferable, not exchangeable, and are limited to stock on hand. Prizes have no cash value.
All prizes are protected under U.S. copyright laws. Sharing and/or duplicating materials, whether digital, download or physical–is strictly prohibited and punishable by law.
5. WINNER SELECTION:
The LINGO Game winner will be determined by the first person to yell, “LINGO” and have an accurately completed LINGO card with 5 titles in a row of the title names that have been announced. Fluency Matters reserves the right to make the final decision with regard to who is the first to declare “LINGO” and if the game ends in a tie. The LINGO Game winner must be present to win and must immediately claim prize, or prize will be forfeited.
The LINGO Drawing Winner will be determined by a random drawing. This person must have also participated in the LINGO game to be eligible. Each drawing winner will be selected by a random selection process for each of the two scheduled random drawings. Drawing winners must be present to win and must immediately claim prize, or prize will be forfeited.
Fluency Matters reserves the right to make final decisions about the indicated prizes.
If the first name (person) drawn is not present in Booth #1000 at the LINGO Drawing immediately following the LINGO Game to immediately claim one prize, a second name will be drawn. If the second person to be drawn is not present in Booth #1000, a third and final name will be drawn. If the winner is present, winner must immediately claim prize. If the prize is not claimed, because each of the three persons drawn are not present at the stipulated drawing time, the prize will be forfeited. No more names will be drawn.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Fluency Matters is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Fluency Matters assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Fluency Matters is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Game and/or Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of Fluency Matters which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Game and/or Giveaway, Fluency Matters reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game and Giveaway. All prizes limited to books published by Fluency Matters only.
7. DRAWING ENTRANTS: Agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, which are final on all matters pertaining to this Giveaway. Entrants grant to Fluency Matters the right to use and publish their proper name online, in print or in any other media in connection with the Contest.
8. E-COURSE SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS: Winners of this prize are solely responsible for registering students in the E-course and setting up student user accounts. Winners may choose to purchase the service agreement plan from Fluency Matters. ($12.50 for increments of 50 student accounts that Fluency Matters sets up). Fluency Matters assumes no responsibility for access to technology or for technical support that is outside the domain of FluencyMatters.com. Your school may need to whitelist our server and our email in order for students to receive log-in information / set up their accounts.
9. PUBLICITY: LINGO Drawing Winners MAY be announced on Twitter, Facebook, the CI Peek blog, and in our newsletter.