- March 5, 2019
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Webinar Series: Reading: Before, During, and After
TWO REGISTRATION OPTIONS:
- A series of six live webinars presented once a month offered for $99.
- Six live webinars and six follow-up cohort sessions for $139.
Reading builds language proficiency. Research shows that readers have stronger vocabularies, higher test scores, and deeper interest in the subject matter they are studying. Learn how to create a positive buzz around reading in the classroom and keep students progressing toward higher levels of proficiency.
Join Carol, Kristy and Carrie for this webinar series where you can learn specific skills and strategies, implement them in your own classroom, and follow up with the Fluency Matters Cohort to share triumphs and/or struggles, ask questions, seek advice and/or strategize future lessons. REGISTER EARLY! Limited to 35 participants.
Webinar Topics include:
1. December 4, 2018 – Fluency Framework: Guided Reading Strategies – Presented by Carol Gaab and Kristy Placido (Recorded 12/4/18)
Your students have the books in their hands and anticipation in their eyes… Now what?! Learn how to keep whole-class reading comprehensible and engaging.
2. January 8, 2019 – Fluency Framework: Pre-Reading Strategies – Presented by Carol Gaab (Recorded 1/8/19)
Discover key strategies to prime your students for optimum acquisition before you even crack open a book. Learn how to calculate the ‘Reading Ratio’, pique interest, and build familiarity with vocabulary and concepts through a variety of techniques that will leave you empowered and your students dying to start reading!
3. February 5, 2019 – Fluency Framework: Variety Keeps It Going! – Presented by Kristy Placido (Recorded 2/5/19)
The brain craves NOVELTY! Keep reading fun and keep students on their toes with a variety of guided reading techniques! Reading strategies, scaffolding for a variety of learners, student grouping, and more!
4. March 5, 2019 – Fluency Framework: Hooks (Teacher’s Guides) – Presented by Carrie Toth (Recorded 3/5/19)
You downloaded the teacher’s guide but it remains an untapped resource in your arsenal. How can you find the right supplements to maximize the reading experience with your students?
5. April 9, 2019 – Fluency Framework: Choosing the Right Reader – Presented by Carol Gaab, Kristy Placido, & Carrie Toth
With more than 30 choices for Spanish teachers, looking for the right reader can be overwhelming! How can you make sure your unit starts off on the right foot?
6. May 7, 2019 – Fluency Framework: Making Connections – Presented by Carrie Toth
The reader is a big hit and you want to make it a full unit. Where can you go to find the right resources to milk the input for all it’s worth. (Films, music, authentic stories, pictures, etc)
All webinars will be recorded. You will have unlimited access to the recorded webinars for 30 days after each live event.