STUDENT ENROLLMENT: Inbound Communication from Google
To auto-enroll students from Google Classroom:
- On the Group Registration page, scroll down and click on the tab: “Add Users from Google Classroom.”
- A blue button will appear that says, “Link my Google Account.” Click on the button and log into Google when the prompt appears.
- A series of windows will pop up asking you to approve access to Google. Click Allow for each pop-up.
- Once you have cycled through the small pop-ups, a final page will appear requiring you to allow all of the selected items. Click Allow.
- A SUCCESS message will appear on the Group Registration page, along with a button to “Import Students.” Determine if you want to add students with or without email and check the box accordingly.
If you enroll students from Google, you will NOT have the option to pre-assign a password. If random Passwords are generated, teachers have two options for obtaining student passwords/log-in information:
A) Look for the pop-up window to DOWNLOAD USER DATA that appears immediately upon completion of student import. Download the User Data report so that you have a record of student log-in.
B) Once students are imported, simply click the “CHANGE PASSWORD” button next to each student. Paste in the same default password for each student and tell them to change their password when they log in for the first time. You can change your students’ passwords at any time.