Observe language labs and attend various sessions in the morning. Track in various CI-focusess sessions every afternoon and practice skills in small coaching groups.
Observe language labs, attend TPRS-specific sessions and practice skills in small coaching groups.
Attend a full-day workshop with Diana on Tuesday. Observe language labs and attend various sessions in the morning. Attend various sessions with Diana and practice skills in small coaching groups.
Appropriate for those who:
– New system to help you better identify your own skill level.
– Each cohort will be led by an iFLT premiere presenter.
– Embedded coaching will be facilitated by the presenter with the support of a team of experienced coaches.
Live language classes led by a master teacher / seasoned trainer*, who will guide 5 carefully selected experienced teachers as they put their skills to work in an authentic classroom with real students.
*Advanced Beginning Spanish with Leslie Davison
*Beginning French* with Paul Kirschling
*The iFLT Team reserves the right to change the language, based on enrollment.
NOTE: Teaching Labs are open to all participants for observation purposes.
Calling All Adult Language Students!
First consideration given to NON-teacher students. (i.e.: Community members, spouses or adult members of participants’ families, fellow (non-language) educators. If space allows, language teachers will be eligible to take the class as a student.
Concentric Forums allow for more knowledgeable/experienced teachers to lead the discussion in the ‘front lines’ while less experienced teachers can listen in the ‘safety zone’ from behind.
Socratic Forums will provide an opportunity to discuss hypotheses, eliminate and/or refine hypotheses and identify common truths among hypotheses and various approaches.
Submit your suggestions for Forum Topics!
Live language classes for grades 3 – 12, taught by master CI teachers.
– Drop in before class starts to hear master teacher perspectives, lesson objectives and strategies for sustaining interaction in the Target Language.
– Split the next 3 hours between training and observing:
Observe language classes for 1.25 hours / Attend a session for 1.25 hours.
– Regroup and debrief with your learning lab teacher and colleagues to discuss execution of ideas/strategies and outcomes of instruction. Ask questions and listen to multiple perspectives as colleagues share questions and comments.
Share, discuss, create, collaborate on everything from SLA principles to lesson planning.
These 5-minute presentations are a win-win for EVERYONE! They provide a great outlet for those who want to share a great idea, philosophy, or strategy and great inspiration for those who have come for a shot in the arm. They are absolutely invigorating!
Teachers of all skill levels will select from a menu of sessions and topics that are relevant to all languages, ages, grades, literacy levels, and skill levels.
Special Chinese Interest Group Sessions led by the internationally renowned, Linda Li.