iFLT (International Forum on Language Teaching) is a grassroots group inspired by Dr. Stephen Krashen, creator of the Comprehension (Input) Hypothesis and numerous other theories that have helped to shape contemporary views on language acquisition.
iFLT is dedicated to helping teachers align their instructional approach(es) with the principles of SLA (second language acquisition). If you are interested in teaching for proficiency using CI-based strategies, the iFLT Conference is a must-attend event!
1) Observe SLA-informed strategies in action as you observe live language classes with real students, grades 3 – 12, taught by seasoned, (inter)nationally recognized ‘language faclitators.
2) Learn innovative strategies and train with the nation’s top SLA-focused trainers.
3) Improve your skills and practice CI-based strategies in a personalized cohort format with experienced, highly-trained coaches.
Whether you are an experienced SLA-focused teacher or you are new to CI-based instruction, iFLT offers training specifically designed to meet your unique needs. The unique cohort-style training provides customized training in an intimate setting.
Teaching Labs: Gain real classroom TCI experience under the guidance of a lead teacher. For experienced TCI teachers, by application only.
Learning Labs: Observe live language classes taught by master CI teachers.
Roundtable Forums: Concentric and socratic forums designed to inform, inspire and challenge participants.
Collaboration Rooms: Open rooms for planning, discussing, collaborating and/or brainstorming. See the “Collab Room” Schedule for tasks and topics.
Lunch-time Talks: 5-minute talks designed to share golden nuggets of wisdom, inspirational messages, and/or powerful strategies.
5 Conference Tracks!:
Beginning, Advanced Beginning, Intermediate and Experienced Tracks
We have scheduled some of the best speakers, teachers, and presenters from around the world to make the conference a tremendous success for you. Hear from the very best in foreign language teaching.
Coaching moves participants from theory to practice. Practice CI-based strategies in small groups with highly trained and experienced coaches.
Stay Tuned for Hotel Information
Grades 4-12 and Adults
Hands -on, Interactive Learning Experience focusing on:
– Music: Learn common phrases through music.
– Stories: Create and hear a variety of interesting stories.
– Videos: Interact in the language through vide0-based content.
– Conversation: Naturally pick up useful phrases through authentic and relevant conversations.
– Reading: Level-appropriate readings strategically written with students’ needs and interests in mind.
Not only is the iFLT conference a great opportunity for you to improve your teaching skills and become an even better Foreign Language Ambassador, you can also gain university credit. Semester hours from University of the Pacific, Center for Professional and Continuing Education are available for attending the iFLT conference.