Fluency Matters will post new job openings free of charge.
To post a position, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Contact Name
- Contact Information
- Name of Organization
- Address of Organization
- Teaching Position/Title
- Grade Level
- Job Description
- Start Date
Full-Time K-8 Spanish Teacher
Westminster Academy (North of Denver, CO)
Name of Organization: Westminster Public Schools (Westminster Academy of International Studies) Address of Organization: Westminster, CO Teaching Position/Title: Full-time teacher of Spanish Grade Level: K-8 Job Description:
A full-time Spanish teacher is needed at the Westminster Academy of International Studies, an innovative K-8 school situated 15 minutes north of downtown Denver. The Westminster Academy of International Studies aligns an international focus with competency-based learning. Westminster Public Schools has offered teachers the highest starting salary for new teachers in Colorado, and our overall salary schedule is among the highest salary schedules in the state: https://chalkbeat.org/posts/co/2019/02/05/westminster-teachers-will-get-higher-starting-salary-and-a-path-to-reach-100000/. Join a dynamic district team of World Language educators who are dedicated to best teaching practices through comprehensible-input and more. The job application can be found here: https://www.applitrack.com/adams50/onlineapp/.
Start Date: August 1, 2019
Primary School Spanish Teacher
Contact Name: Rachel Geringer-Dunn, Head of Primary School
Contact Information: email@example.com
Name of Organization: Montclair Kimberley Academy
Address of Organization: 201 Valley Road, Montclair, NJ 07042
Teaching Position: Primary School Spanish Teacher
Grade Level: Pre-K through Grade 3
Job Description: Job posting and link to employment application found here.
Start Date: August 20, 2019
After-school Mandarin Instructor
Ladera Ranch, CA
- Contact Name: Ana Laura Alfaro
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org / (949)887-4339
- Name of Organization: Conversa
- Address of Organization: 27702 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite D4#277, Ladera Ranch, CA 92602
- Teaching Position/Title: After-school Mandarin Instructor
- Grade Level: 1st – 6th
- Job Description: Our after-school program offers one hour of instruction per week for 26-weeks during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Candidates should be able to teach Mandarin using comprehensible input and activities designed to increase student proficiency.
- Establish and maintain standards of student and classroom management required to achieve effective participation in all activities.
- Interested applicants should submit letter of interest, resume and 2 letters of recommendation with phone numbers and send to email@example.com
- Start Date: September 2019
9- 12 Spanish Instructor
San Francisco, CA
- Contact Name: Carrie Booth
- Contact Information firstname.lastname@example.org / (415) 775-6626 x674
- Name of Organization Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory
- Address of Organization 1055 Ellis Street San Francisco 94109
- Teaching Position/Title Spanish Instructor
- Grade Level 9-12
- Job Description See posting linked below
- Start Date August 2019
Actual Job posting HERE
We are a private catholic high school in San Francisco and we are looking for a proficiency/CI teacher for next school year.
Part-Time Italian Teacher
Carol Stream. IL
- Contact: Tracy Balhan
- Glenbard North High School, 990 Kuhn Road, Carol Stream. IL 60188
- Part-time Italian teacher, Italian 2
- This position is for a part-time (one morning class) of Italian 2. This position is for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Start: August 13, 2019
- Online Employment Application
6-12 Spanish Teacher
Warren-Alvarado-Oslo High School is seeking a full-time 6-12 Spanish teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
Applicants must be licensed by the Minnesota PELSB to teach middle school and senior high Spanish. Coaching opportunities are available in Football and Volleyball.
Interested applicants should submit a district application (available online at http://www.wao.k12.mn.us under the District tab), letter of interest, resume and letters of recommendation to Ben Miska, High School Principal by e-mail or mail to:
Ben Miska, High School Principal
224 East Bridge Ave.
Warren, MN 56762
Open until filled
Reed Union School District, Marin County, California
The Reed Union School District in Marin County, California is looking for a Spanish teacher. The role depends on the candidate. It could be all middle school or a combination of elementary and middle school.
To get more info and apply: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1173422
Questions, feel free to contact:
Jay Rhodes, Spanish Teacher – Del Mar Middle School
5th & 6th Grade Spanish Teacher
North Star Academy, Parker, CO
- Contact Name: Kendra Hossfeld, Principal
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Name of Organization: North Star Academy
- Address of Organization: 16700 Keystone Blvd. Parker, CO 80134
- Teaching Position/Title: Spanish Teacher
- Grade Level: 5th & 6th Grade
- Start Date: August 2019
- Job Description: The educator is responsible for teaching content based Spanish lessons each day while creating an environment of excellence and respect, and carrying out the mission and vision of the school.
School: North Star Academy: Located in Parker, CO, North Star Academy, a public charter school in Douglas County School District serving 675 K-8 students, is seeking a full-time 5th and 6th Grade Spanish Teacher. Founded in 2006, our school’s mission is to provide a Core Knowledge education with an integrated Spanish language program that challenges students to meet their highest potential through differentiated academic instruction and rich social and cultural experiences within a safe, orderly and nurturing environment. All staff members are responsible for modeling the five character traits of North Star Academy: Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Citizenship and Excellence.
North Star Academy is seeking a full-time 5th and 6th Grade Spanish Teacher for the 19-20 school year. This position reports to the Principal. The educator is responsible for teaching content based Spanish lessons each day while creating an environment of excellence and respect, and carrying out the mission and vision of the school.
Specific duties include (other duties may be assigned):
- Candidates should be familiar with elementary and middle school curricula and standards
- Understand how to apply age-appropriate second language acquisition principles
- Understand developmentally appropriate instructional strategies
- Develops and uses instructional material suitable for a wide range of learning styles.
- Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student and classroom management required to achieve effective participation in all activities without interfering with the atmosphere of class.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students and keeps appropriate records and assessment data.
- Provides appropriate instruction and activities for students to meet North Star Academy goals and objectives.
- Communicates with parents through a variety of means.
- Holds parent conferences as needed to discuss individual student progress, develop student goals and interpret the school curriculum and programs.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing with helping students solve health and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning.
- Maintains professional competence through embedded staff development activities provided by North Star Academy and/or professional growth activities and university courses.
- Participates cooperatively with the Principal or Assistant Principal by which s/he will be evaluated as a part of the North Star Academy and Colorado State guidelines for licensed personnel.
- Maintain teacher website at least once a week.
- Use an on-line record keeping program for grades (Infinite Campus).
- Participate in all trainings, team meetings and faculty meetings.
- Follows all policy and procedure established by the North Star Academy Board of Directors and Administration.
- High fluency level in written and oral communication in Spanish.
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies (e.g. direct instruction, cooperative learning, small group instruction, individualized instruction, inquiry) to engage students.
- Uses a repertoire of assessment strategies to determine what students have learned and will learn.
- Ability to select a variety of activities, media and technology to respond to the diversity of learning styles and needs of the students in the class.
- Ability to use TPRS, CI and other strategies.
- Colorado Academic Standards.
- Demonstrated initiative and skills in the following areas: relationship and community building, teachers as leaders, professional learning community model, effective communication, conflict resolution, creativity, problem solving, decision making and time management.
- Highly Qualified Status
- Highly qualified in Spanish according to NCLB (No Child Left Behind)
- Colorado Initial or Professional teaching license or willingness to work toward an alternative certificate over time
- Familiarity with the school’s charter and full agreement with the school’s educational philosophy
Start Date: August 5th, 2019
Please submit the following documentation:
- North Star Academy Application for Employment (can be found on our website)
- Cover letter
- Copy of transcripts
- Letters of professional reference
- Email all documents to: Kendra Hossfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line, please include “Spanish Teacher Applicant.”
Or see the requirements on our website: www.nstaracademy.org.
Date Posted: May 28th, 2019
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
- POSITION: German Teacher (1.0 FTE)
- LOCATION: East Lansing High School and MacDonald Middle School
- WORK YEAR: Contract length determined by ELEA Master Agreement
- REPORTS TO: Building Principal
- Application deadline: May 2, 2019
- Apply online at: www.inghamisd.org
Include the following documents with your submission on Applitrack:
- A cover letter and current resume’
- Three recent letters of recommendation
- Most recent evaluation
- Copy of college or university transcripts
- Copy of professional teaching certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of three professional references w/phone numbers
- A one-page statement of your philosophy, beliefs and experiences around equity and inclusion
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The teacher is a member of the professional staff who instructs high school students in the learning of the German language and culture. As a member of the professional staff, the teacher has responsibilities in the areas of Instruction, curriculum development, classroom management and student, parent, community and staff relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Uses district goals and objectives to plan and implement a cohesive curriculum.
- Organizes learning activities to provide varied classroom activities that are congruent with educational goals and objectives.
- Applies sound principles of learning and motivation in the planning, delivery and assessment phases of instructional delivery.
- Displays a high degree of knowledge in the subject matter assigned and is continuously upgrading competence.
- Facilitates students’ motivation for learning by communicating enthusiasm for the subject matter and for learning; Provides for a safe, efficient, and organized classroom environment.
- Encourages growth in study skills and written and oral communication in the activities planned for students.
- Evaluates students effectively, providing meaningful and timely feedback and using the evaluation data to monitor and adjust instruction.
- Exhibits student work and provides opportunities for student recognition.
- Is an effective classroom manager, optimizing instructional time and maintaining discipline through proactive classroom management and an effective discipline system.
- Establishes effective relationships with students and models respect for and acceptance of all persons in the school setting.
- Establishes effective relationships with parents, community and other staff members.
- Maintains professional ethics and responsibilities, including participation in the total school program, participation in curriculum development and building committees and providing a positive role model for students.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of audiences.
- Uses technology as a tool within the classroom, between classrooms and schools through cable TV and as a management tool.
- Carries out the required management tasks of a professional staff member (i.e., grading, attendance, conferences, etc.).
- Uses community resources to enhance the learning experiences of students.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
Valid Michigan Certification at the Secondary level with a German endorsement (FB).
- Ability and desire to carry out all duties of the position.
- Ability to learn and use the computer systems within the classroom for instruction and for management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth.
- Experience with, or interest in, developing instructional practices that emphasize Comprehensible Input.
French/Spanish Language Teacher
Dunn School, CA
- Contact Name-Alejandra Santos
- Contact Informationemail@example.com
- Name of Organization- Dunn School
- Address of Organization-2155 W. Hwy 154 Los Olivos, California
- Teaching Position/Title-High School Spanish/French
- Grade Level-9th -12th
- Start Date-August 2019
Full-time Spanish Teacher
- Full-time Spanish Teacher
- Lower and Middle Division (Grades 2-8)
- Stevenson School, Carmel Campus
- 24800 Dolores Street, Carmel, CA 93923
- Molly Bozzo, Head of the Lower and Middle Divisions
- firstname.lastname@example.org (831) 574-4600
Stevenson School in Carmel, CA is seeking an experienced Spanish teacher with a background in elementary education or bilingual education and trained (or willing to be trained) in comprehension-based teaching methods (CI, TPRS, etc) to teach elementary and middle grades (Grades 2-8) Spanish on a full-time basis. Some familiarity with the ACTFL standards and proficiency guidelines is preferred. The position involves curriculum design and implementation as well as assessment development. The elementary Spanish teacher will also collaborate with PK-4 classroom teachers. Full-time employees receive medical benefits, retirement contribution, and funding toward professional development. Stevenson is an innovative, independent PK-12 school on the gorgeous California coast. We have a very supportive and collaborative World Language department dedicated to developing lifelong language learners and global citizens. You are also welcome to contact Kathryn Haggquist, Spanish Teacher, Grades 5-8 with questions at email@example.com. School website: stevensonschool.org
- Start Date: mid-August 2019
Director, Bilingual Education Programs
Chapel Hill, NC
- Location: Chapel Hill, NC
- Contact Info: Ranya Hahn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start date: Flexible
- To apply: https://www.participatelearning.com/careers/
The Director, Bilingual Education Programs will oversee our network of over 400 schools and the program managers responsible for implementation support for Participate global and bilingual school programs.
The ideal candidate will have leadership experience with an instructional model that has realized high levels of student achievement across a network of schools focused on global competence and dual language learning. The Director will lead a team responsible for regional support and effectively collaborate with district and school-level administrators, teachers, school-based staff, parents, and community stakeholders. Lastly, the ideal candidate will have experience working in a dynamic, growing organization during a transformational phase.
Strategic and Instructional Leadership
- Shape the vision, strategy and execution of Participate Schools
- Articulate and operationalize a clear vision and align resources to achieve goals
- Lead principals, each school’s leadership team, and teachers to collectively and individually monitor the schools progress in achieving their programmatic goals
- Visit clients and prospects, attend conferences, and make presentations to build relationships, promote the company and build clientele.
Program Development and Oversight
- Ensure organizational accountability and alignment of global school goals with company goals.
- Work with Participate Leadership Team to direct program development, including market analysis, scope, metrics, organization, resourcing, plan development and risk management.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of program services and components and implement adjustments for program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and protocols.
- Uphold standards and best practices to mitigate risk on programs.
- Proactively communicate to program stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends, issues, strategies and key players in the dual language and global education arena.
- Provide leadership, staff supervision, and mentorship to ensure the organization is a leader in the field of global education.
Financial and Resource Management
- Develop and manage budget, ensuring the effective cost analysis, allocation, management and reporting of program resources
- Work to ensure long-term financial health and viability of programs through objective and realistic program assessment, demonstration models/initiatives, capacity-building and program innovation and expansion.
Key Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 7+ years managing professional staff in educational administration, or program management.
- Expertise in dual language, bilingual and language acquisition for students; K-5 experience preferred
- Advanced 2nd language language skills preferred – Spanish or Mandarin are a plus!
- Strong pedagogical skills that can be leveraged to consistently evaluate – and improve – our school models, programs, and services with a laser-focus on improving student outcomes
- Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiation skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, the school network, and external stakeholders
- Experience in a client facing leadership role
- Proven ability and desire to solve problems and look for opportunities for improvement
- Knowledge of the K–12 US education market
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan and collaborate with a wide variety of constituents
- Ability to gather and synthesize data and research to develop innovative, effective, relevant and sustainable programs
- Ability to influence and positively lead change and transition
- Available to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Demonstrated passion for cultural awareness and international education
Spanish I & II Teacher
- Name of Organization: Gretna High School
- Address of Organization: 11335 South 204th St. Gretna, NE 68028
- Grade Level: 9-10th grade
- Start Date: August 2019
- Job Description: Gretna, NE has an opening for a Spanish Teacher. We are a completely CI Department and the position is teaching Spanish II using Martina Bex’s SOMOS Curriculum. Please email me if you have any questions! I would love to answer them!
- Contact Name: Melissa Ryan
- Contact Information: email@example.com