442+ pages! This comprehensive guide is a teacher’s best friend!
See details under ‘Description’.
ISBN 978-1-945956-03-4View Premium TG Preview
IN EVERY CHAPTER
• Chapter Vocabulary & Cognates (Past and Present Tense)
• Gearing up and Word Warm Up
activities prepare students to read
• Leveled comprehension questions
• Blooming Comprehension questions
inspired by Bloom’s Taxonomy
FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS
• Comprehension questions cater to students’ level
– It’s Elementary for early learners
– Meet in the Middle for middle schoolers
– Reaching Higher for Jr. High and High
• Social Media Share activities that target pop culture
• Shake-it-Up kinesthetic activities
• Grammar Focus activities for pop-up grammar
• Can-Do Corner activities that address the ACTFL
• Interactive Notebook as a review of main ideas in
• Interpretive listening with Listen Up activities
• Pin Play activities that incorporate Pinterest pins
• Question Quandary activities that develop
students’ ability to ask good questions
TEACHER’S GUIDE TO ACCOMPANY Brandon Brown dice la verdad
Level 1 Reader – Fiction, Humor
Unique Word Count: 75
Rather than get caught in the act of disobeying his mother, Brandon decides to lie about his dishonest actions. He quickly discovers that not telling the truth can create big problems and a lot of stress! Will he win in the end, or will he decide that honesty is the best policy?
The exceptionally low unique word count and high frequency factor (the number of times core structures are embedded in the text) make this an ideal read for very beginning Spanish students. Each page is loaded with cognates (words that are similar in English and Spanish), recycled vocabulary, and illustrations, which makes this read highly comprehensible. Enjoy the story! The more you enjoy it, the more you will acquire Spanish without even realizing it! Happy reading!
All Fluency Matters materials are protected by U.S. Copyright Law. No portion of any book, unless represented as reproducible, may be reproduced or used in any manner without the express written consent from Fluency Matters. Unlawful distribution of reproducible materials is a violation of copyright. Disseminating materials via email, or posting on the internet, regardless if a site is password-protected, is strictly prohibited and punishable by law. Thank you for honoring our teacher-authors and respecting copyright.