864 pages! This comprehensive guide is a teacher’s best friend!
See details under ‘Description’.
864 pages, 10 chapters
IN EVERY CHAPTER
• Chapter vocabulary
• Pre-reading activities
• Let’s read!: Activities to boost
engagement while reading
• Comprehension questions
• What do you have to say?
Personalized questions and answers
that connect students with the text
FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS
• Beyond-the-Text readings: Hecho en México- Cinco películas fi lmadas en México, ¿Quiénes eran los mayas?, Ek’Balam- El Jaguar Negro, Pok-a-tok- El juego de pelota, Máscaras mayas, Itzmal- una ciudad diversa, El fútbol- El deporte nacional de México, La religión de los mayas, El calendario maya, Chac Mool
• Reader’s Theater
• Geography of the Yucatán with map activities
• Post-reading comprehension activities
• Slideshows: Ek’Balam, Máscaras mayas, ¡Qué sorpresa!, ¿Qué tan responsable eres?, Vamos a hacer un tour, Vamos a un resort, Vamos a Yucatán
• Puzzle activities to inspire higher order thinking
• Final test
• Suggested fi nal projects
TEACHER’S GUIDE TO ACCOMPANY Brandon Brown versus Yucatán
Level 1 Reader – Fiction, Humor
Unique Word Count: 140
It takes Brandon Brown less than a day to find trouble while on vacation with his family in Cancun, Mexico. He quickly learns that bad decisions and careless mischief can bring much more than a 12-year-old boy can handle alone. Will he and his new friend, Justin, outwit their parents, or will their mischievous antics eventually catch up with them?
The low unique word count and high frequency factor (the number of times core structures are embedded in the text) make this an ideal read for advanced beginning Spanish students. Remember, the principle behind providing the this comprehension-based reader in two tenses is NOT to focus on grammar, but rather to focus on the story in the tense in which the reader and/or teacher feels most comfortable. Enjoy the story! The more you enjoy it, the more you will acquire Spanish without even realizing it! Happy reading!
All Fluency Matters materials are protected by U.S. Copyright Law. No portion of any book, unless represented as reproducible, may be reproduced or used in any manner without the express written consent from Fluency Matters. Unlawful distribution of reproducible materials is a violation of copyright. Disseminating materials via email, or posting on the internet, regardless if a site is password-protected, is strictly prohibited and punishable by law. Thank you for honoring our teacher-authors and respecting copyright.