TPR Storytelling®, originally created and trademarked by Blaine Ray (of Blaine Ray Workshops/TPRS Books), is a powerful method for providing CI in an engaging and spontaneous way. Learn the 3 steps to TPRS, the art of asking circling questions and personalized questions, and the ultimate skill of story-asking. Discover how easy it is to implement reading in the language classroom and how to avoid anchoring yourself to textbook instruction. Rules for Story-asking
1. Allow yourself the freedom to abandon a story. Abandonment is NOT failure; it is sound judgment in many cases.
2. Variety is the key! Brains crave novelty.
3. Stop trying to be funny. Nobody is funny all of the time.
4. “Successful” stories come in all shapes & sizes!
5. Not all L2 structures are great fits for story-asking.