411+ pages! This comprehensive guide is a teacher’s best friend!
See details under ‘Description’.
View TG Preview
Plus pay no shipping on downloads! (Total savings over the CD version $20).
IN EVERY CHAPTER
• Chapter vocabulary and cognates
• Integrate technology with Apt Apps
• Pre-Reading Warm-Up activity
• Comprehension Questions
• Blooming Comprehension questions
inspired by Bloom’s Taxonomy
FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS
• AP/IB Alley extension activities: Vasco Núñez de Balboa, Henry Morgan, En busca del oro
• Listen Up activities: Interpretive Listening through 7 audio and 3 video activities with comprehension questions
• Interactive Notebook suggestions
• Beyond-the-Text readings: El sombrero Panamá, La gastronomía panameña, La construcción francesa del canal
• Shake-it-Up kinesthetic activities
• Slideshows: Comida panameña, The Panama Canal, Panamá Highlights
• Pin Play to incorporate activities adapted from Pinterest
• Social Media Share
• Cross-curricular Connections to science and engineering of the canal: The Panama Canal Locks Under Pressure Experiment
• BreakoutEDU.com culminating activity
Once a download product is purchased, you have two options to download it: Click on the link on the purchase confirmation page, or click on the link in the e-mail receipt that you will receive upon purchase. Before clicking on the download link, you will need to prepare or identity a download (target) folder in order to save the download file to that specific location. If downloading to a school network computer, we advise that you check with your IT Department before proceeding.
TEACHER’S GUIDE TO ACCOMPANY Vector
Level 3 Reader – Magical Realism
Unique Word Count: 400
A vector of venom infects Antonio, a typical Panamanian teenager, with an illness that has far-reaching consequences. He is carried away from home and transported back in time to the early 1900s, where he unknowingly joins his grandfather on the construction of the Panama Canal. Will Antonio escape from the past and survive the consequences of working on one of the most dangerous construction sites in history?
This story strategically weaves high-level language structures into a compelling story, which based on high-frequency vocabulary. Even upper level language students need repeated exposure to language structures in order to acquire them, and Fluency Matters’ intermediate readers maintain a high frequency factor of high-level language structures, thus helping learners progress beyond typical proficiency levels. But do not focus on language structures or the advanced grammatical features embedded in this story. Rather, focus on enjoying the story! The more you enjoy it, the more you will acquire Spanish without even realizing it! Happy reading!
All Fluency Matters materials are protected by U.S. Copyright Law. No portion of any book, unless represented as reproducible, may be reproduced or used in any manner without the express written consent from Fluency Matters. Unlawful distribution of reproducible materials is a violation of copyright. Disseminating materials via email, or posting on the internet, regardless if a site is password-protected, is strictly prohibited and punishable by law. Thank you for honoring our teacher-authors and respecting copyright.